Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Which clematis vines are the best in your opinion?

I have heard that sweet Autumn clematis is very nice





but also have heard that a vine called Sweet Jasmine is very nice as well and blooms for most of the season.





Please state the reasons for your opinion too.





Thanks for your answers!

Which clematis vines are the best in your opinion?
Sweet autumn clematis


is far superior to sweet jasmine in my zone 6B.


I have one that grew in the last drought and bloomed its head off in autumn. The butterflies and hummingbirds love it. The blooms smell great. It can be trimmed in the spring to give a cleaner look without worrying about losing blooms.





For summer blooming clematis, I like Jackman clematis. The big purple flowers just grab my attention and it has very few disease problems for me. I have grown it in two states without problems.





Jasmine is nice but it is just not tough enough.
Reply:Jack Mannie's are purple and their pretty hardy. Their also easy to train.


No comments:

Post a Comment