Tuesday, April 28, 2009

How tall will my hygrangea and my clematis grow this year?

I just planted them today. I have 2 clematis', one is a foot and a half tall, the other is about half a foot (its because there different species) And there are no blooms yet. My hygrangea is a little more than a foot tall with no blooms yet. How tall with they grow to in the summer by like augest? thanks in advance

How tall will my hygrangea and my clematis grow this year?
Hard to tell. In Zone 5, clematis usually doesn't grow all that much in the first year. Then in the second year it will grow a lot. Last year I bought a new one and this year it is about a foot tall. Two years ago I planted one and I now cannot find a trellis big enough for it.





Hydrangea is a little more complicated. It really depends on what kind. Years ago I bought one and it has never really done that well. There are now different ones that will come back better.





Basically, don't expect one of those magazine gardens for a few years. When you first start planting it takes some seasons for it to look filled in.





What color is the clematis? Lately, there have been some really funky ones!


No comments:

Post a Comment