Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Please help, How tall will my hygrangea and my clematis grow this year?

I just planted them today. I have 2 clematis', one is a foot and a half tall, the other is about half a foot (its because there different species) And there are no blooms yet. My hygrangea is a little more than a foot tall with no blooms yet. How tall with they grow to in the summer by like augest? thanks in advance

Please help, How tall will my hygrangea and my clematis grow this year?
Don't expect too much from newly transplanted plants the first year. Clematis may grow 2-4' the first year, but you will not have many stems. This plant just will not have much presence until it can establish a root system. Look for substantial growth the second and third years.





Again, your hydrangea will suffer from plant shock the first year. It is difficult estimating the growth you will get on your Hydrangea without knowing what kind of Hydrangea you planted. My Unique Hydrangea grew less than 6" the first year. An Annabelle type Hydrangea might give you a little more growth the first year, but it will not be substantial.





P.S. Don't fertilize the first year. Your plant needs to establish a root system, not lush top growth. Wait unitl the second year to fertilize.
Reply:it all depends on amount of water, and other weather condictions, and use of fertizer. 12-18 inch's average.


No comments:

Post a Comment